Tuesday, September 10, 2013

¡Hola, amigos!

Only 9 more days in Pennsylvania until my departure for Ensenada in Baja California, Mexico!  I am excited for what lies ahead but sad to leave my family.  God has given me a peace about this trip.  I am expectant for what God is going to do, and I know that He is going to meet me in a profound way.  

He has prepared me for this trip this summer as I had the opportunity to interact with Spanish speaking people in

  • Brooklyn, NY at Metro Life Child
  • Ensenada, Mexico while visiting the YWAM base with my family
  • Allentown, PA at the H.O.P.E. church plant 
After listening to Hillsong in Spanish and watching Veggie Tales in Spanish this summer, I realize that I'm far from fluent in this language.  However, I'm hoping to pick it up quickly in Mexico. 


I am so thankful that I've had the chance to visit YWAM in July after my family and I vacationed in California. I saw a small glance of the ministry that is taking place there. As we explored the little town of Ensenada, one highlight was "La Bufadora." My dad had a hard time pronouncing that name.  
  

The DTS leaders, Nick and Keilley, as well as the other YWAM staff, welcomed and befriended us.  My siblings still like to imitate Nick's distinct laugh.  


The YWAM base is not very large, but sufficient and secure.  I'll be rooming with 7 other girls in a small room.  I can imagine the crazy chaos in the 5x5 bathroom every morning!  I do know firsthand that the chef is the best of the best!  (No offense, mom or Morgan!)  Lots of veggies and freshly caught fish!  

     
    
Follow this link to learn more about the Music and Mission DTS.  http://www.ywamsandiegobaja.org/training/discipleship-training-school-2/music-media-dts/   

Please pray 
  • that the LORD would reveal Himself to me in a powerful way 
  • for protection as I fly to the San Diego airport on Sept 19 
  • for safety as I stay at the YWAM base in Ensenada for 3 months
  • for a peace for my family while I am away 
  • that I would raise the rest of the money for the outreach time in December-February
  • for my friendships with the other YWAMers 
  • for the anointing of the Holy Spirit on the leaders   
  • that I would quickly adjust to the Mexican culture and language 
I am jealous for your prayers!!  Thank you SO much for the way many of you have supported me in this trip!    

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Jess! I love and miss you.(since I haven't really been able to see you since I'm in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too, Alessandra! I know that the LORD has wonderful things in store for you at Lancaster! Continue to seek and cry out to Him! Love you! :)

      Delete